The benefits of Frankincense or Boswellia and cancer
And how it can support you and your animals calm down inflammation, cancer and an anxious mind.
What exactly can medical-grade Frankincense essential oil do to support you and your animals?
and why I sing praises of this magnificent “gift of the magi”, and why Frankincense is itself considered the KING of all Essential Oils
I am an alternative energy medicine and nervous system specialist who helps people and animals heal from trauma by getting to the root cause of disease using nature consciousness and science as medicine. My approach is functional and integrative and I have helped hundreds of people and animals cure the incurable.
I am not a doctor or a vet, so please always consult your health provider and ask questions.
Whether I am supporting humans or animals my commitment is the same – teach people how to trust their own body minds and be their own medicine.
In order for vital wellness to be sustained, i follow an integrative holistic approach, in other words we work together on all levels of healing, body, mind, heart and spirit. nature knows how to thrive – you are part of nature so having an open mind is key to health and vitality.In order for us to direct healing we must focus our intention at the higher dimensional energy at spirit or shen. This is where the miracles occur – mindful regard, presence and above all using the Trust process are the winning formula.
Western medicine, (for pets and humans) is slowly beginning to realize that you can’t just treat the physical body and expect to achieve lasting positive results.
Traditional veterinary medicine (as well as human medicine) has done a great job with addressing the physical body.
Although from this perspective, we create great limitations, but all in all, it has done a decent job. We are finally beginning to acknowledge that the mind and spirit (thoughts, feelings and emotions) contribute to health as well, both for ourselves and our pets. Medicine now recognizes the influence of chronic stress on the physical body and some people are admitting that chronic stress in the household also contributes the the physical health of the pet as well. At least there is movement in that direction, but there is a lot more to learn.
The benefits of frankincense
- The active component, boswellic acid, is an anti-inflammatory.
- When diffused into the air, the oil is said to encourage feelings of peace and relaxation.
- People throughout history have used frankincense it to improve personal satisfaction and combat various ailments. The oil’s aromatic properties are said to promote feelings of relaxation, peace, and overall wellness.
- It’s also thought that frankincense can help support cellular function, so it’s often used to soothe skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. Researchers have found boswellic acid, the active component found in frankincense, to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- In recent years, researchers have looked at the possible effects of frankincense or its extract, boswellia, on certain cancers.
What the research says:
Frankincense oil has been linked to treatments for ovarian, breast, and skin cancers. Studies are generally done in vitro, or on cells in a laboratory. No studies have been conducted on people living with cancer.
The findings of one 2015 study suggest that breast cancer cells may stop growing and die off when exposed to frankincense oil. The researchers concluded that their approach is cost-effective and less time consuming than other methods.
Researchers in a 2009 study looked exclusively at frankincense oil derived from the Boswellia carteri species and assessed its anti-tumor activity on bladder cancer. Researchers concluded that, when administered, the oil appears to differentiate between healthy and cancerous cells. The oil can also suppress cancer cell viability.
Similar results were found in a 2011 study assessing the effects of oil from B. sacra on breast cancer cells.
More research is necessary to determine whether the oil or its extract can be consistently and effectively used to treat people who have these cancers.
Frankincense essential oil:
1. Helps Relieve Pain & Inflammation: To improve circulation and lower symptoms of joint pain or muscle pain related to conditions like arthritis, injury, and inflammation, try massaging frankincense oil to the painful area.
• Apply 1-2 drops of frankincense essential oil to tired, achy joints and lower back for relief. You can also combine several drops with a carrier oil to massage into your muscles, joints, back, feet or neck.
• *** A little story from this past weekend: my daughter came home from hockey with a swollen, black and blue shin (from a hockey ball). I suggested she rub a couple of drops each of Frankincense and Deep Blue (pain blend) onto her shin, and follow with the Deep Blue Rub cream. (*BONUS TIP: Frankincense is a great “carrier” oil and helps other oils penetrate deeper into the tissues!) … In the morning, she ran up to me excitedly saying, “Look at my shin! It’s so much better!” The bruising was completely gone ~ overnight! ~ and her swelling had diminished to just barely perceptible. 🙂
2. Skin Rejuvenation and Healing: Frankincense is excellent at reducing the appearance of scars,, aging and rejuvenating skin.
• Age-defying Moisturizer: Dilute 2 drops of Frankincense in a dime-sized amount of fractionated coconut oil (also available from doTerra) and apply after washing your face to moisturize, soften and refresh skin.
• Scars: Mix a drop of frankincense with a drop or two of fractionated coconut oil and rub onto scars morning and night.
• Facial rejuvenation: make this DIY Clay Facial Mask:
– 2 teaspoons bentonite clay
– 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 drop Frankincense oil
– 1 drop Lavender oil
– 1 drop Melaleuca oil
- Combine, smooth over face for 10 minutes. Because Frankincense oil contains properties that help revitalize and beautify the skin, your face will feel nourished and fresh. Apply this mask to your skin once a week and enjoy that continual fresh facial glow.
3. Cancer and Tumor Support: Frankincense has been investigated as a possible treatment for ovarian, breast, prostate, colon, and skin cancers. New research is showing that frankincense essential oil can target cancer cells and suppress cancer cell viability. And some cancer cell lines that don’t respond to chemotherapy are notably responsive to frankincense!
Other calming blends I love:
Roman Chamomile, Geranium, Frankincense, Vetiver and a Grounding Blend I mix specifically for your animal according to his primary dosa and what is at the root cause of flight/flight which we explore in animal healing and communication sessions in clinic or online.
Supplementation is also something I look at in my integrative approach of healing and maintaining optimal health through body, mind and spirit.
Raw food and bone diet – as close to nature as possible again taking the animals predisposition and characteristic types ie dosha or 5 element type.
Take the 5 element quiz for people here: www.accessurtruenature.com
Take the 5 element/ dosa quiz for pets here: www.sarahjanefarrell.com
The addition of coconut oil and glutamine for joints and muscles
These are some of my favorites:
Cbd oil – https://youtu.be/Lx6FxeM6eiY
Valerian root which is a precursor to gaba that calms the nervous system down immediately
Organic passion and ginger
L-tryptophan – individual amino acid approach
I am curious to know, if you use essential oils on yourself and for your animals. If so which ones do you use and for what?
To learn how to use your body as a pendulum for you or your beloveds go to:
if you don’t get a clear yes or no do this https://youtu.be/gY3QMI-Azv0
To learn more about the benefits of
CBD oil – https://youtu.be/Lx6FxeM6eiY
Cocanut oil – https://youtu.be/uaHOdRHaNfY